View Single Post
Old 11-21-2002, 08:25 PM   #134
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:Some of the crazy bastards who I went with want to actually go to the peak of Mont Blanc next summer....they're not montaineers but supposedly you can actually walk up to the peak on one face of the mountain at least. Although 60 people a year die on Mont Blanc, I don't fancy my chances Nah, seriously, I might go, it would be amazing to go to the peak of the highest mountain in Europe and without any mountaineering training....heh I spoke to one guy who did it in trainers! Although he did have crampons and also an ice-axe is recommmended. Of course my mum doesn't want me to go, but going to the peak of Mont Blanc is very tempting.
Hey man, if you have the opportunity you might as well do it. And hey, if you don't make it back then at least you get to die in a more interesting way than what most people get. An old-aged cardiac seizure just doesn't have any glory y'know. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Heh it's not about having the opportunity! I could go in any summer I wanted to. All you need is a plane ticket to Geneva, a train ticket to Chamonix, crampons, ice-axe, a bit of rope to tie you to your friends and walking boots and a spare week or so. [img]smile.gif[/img] The spare week is so you can sit around and wait for the best bracket of wheather. You do NOT want to be up there in a storm!! *erk!* It only takes 2-3 days to walk up and back down. Well 1 day up to the hut at 3800m. Next day up to the peak and down to the hut again and 3rd day back down I guess.

[ 11-21-2002, 08:27 PM: Message edited by: Vaskez ]
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray