View Single Post
Old 05-22-2004, 07:00 AM   #1
uss
20th Level Warrior

It's called rate.ee. Likely inspired by some picture site from another country, it has become insanely popular in Estonia.

Today I talked to my sister about it. She, like many others, is slightly addicted to the site, (having submitted her own pics? and) rating other people.

My opinion is that the reason why the site's so popular is that people post pictures of themselves to hear others say "You're so cute!," and give them a high score on the 1-5 point scale, make them feel happy about themselves and raise their self-esteem. The second and third reasons are that some people want to interact with others - friends from school, or maybe make new friends - and some just want to have sex.

She furiously disagreed about the self-esteem part. She said that that definitely isn't the reason why it's so popular. We argued a lot about it. She's very stubborn when it comes to arguments.. possibly the most stubborn person I know. Well, as weird as it might seem, the argument ended with her telling me that I'm an idiot and a f*g and that I think well only of beautiful and fit girls. Lol, the previous sentence was quite paradoxial, don't you think? Oh well, she's only 13 years old.. As old as I was when I came to this forum.

What do you think?