View Single Post
Old 10-06-2001, 12:31 PM   #34
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Harkoliar:
hey 250!!
while i respect your point of view, i FIRMLY believe that not everything can be controlled, a classic example... a newborn baby died because of SID syndrom? (is that the one? wherein a baby just dies instantaniously for no reason of all?? or was it down syndrome? i cant seem to remember the exact word) im nearly 100% sure the mother didnt want her baby to die and took care of her child during pregnancy, i ask you if any of them was responsible? neither wished the baby want to die yet it happened.

if you mean by to the end? so you mean that you must look at the finality of the person in a given situation?

what does it mean to that baby? nothing
it is not fair, it is no one's fault, no one's responsbile

so what does that has to do with our topic?
ahhh, i see, you are trying to prove "not everything is controlable"

we cannot ignore the EFFECT and what experiences an incident cause to people when we talk about incident

that baby died, so this incident means virtually nothing to him

then we need to discuss what impact the child's death has? well... shall we continue?

or you wanna give a different example?

not everything is controllable, but what impact it has on everyone of us CAN be controlled

you view the world through the colored glass of your experience. if that glass is suspcious, then the world is a dangerous place. if that glass is naive, then the world is a trusting place. if that glass is impatience, then the world is a frustrating place. if that glass is anger, then the world is a hurtful place