Thread: attn: Dundee
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2001, 05:51 PM   #3
StarVid
Elminster

I don't know, there's still an advantage to a multi-fighter mage. Especially when you get to the higher levels and get the nicer special abilities. If this information is accurate, I can only think of a couple instances where it's better to dual.

Thief/whatever(usually mage), other than their kick ass use any item ability, a 10th level thief with at least 100 in locks and traps, and ther rest in whatever is more than adequate for the game.

Fighter/Cleric: to multi this would just slow both classes down. If you dual at 9 or 12, then you're a much better cleric, and still a good fighter.

The only time I really agree with you on the fighter/mage is for the ever ubermunchkiny kensai-mage. But even still, I'm the type of person that's hesitant to send a mage into battle.

EDIT

actually, I have to agree on the dual fighter/thief setup. a 9th (or 12th) level fighter, turned to a thief, is a dangerous thing. Now that I think about it, I think I'm just repeating what you're saying...depends on the situation.

[This message has been edited by StarVid (edited 10-14-2001).]