View Single Post
Old 12-29-2003, 12:01 AM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Remata Klan:
[b]
1. I got nearly all magic spells except for the entire Vine-Realm. Is there any chance to get it ? (I'm not planning to become a Zenmaster!)
Ranger or Zenmaster. It's native to a warlock, but not one of the Warlock's spell schools, so if you don't know it, you can't learn it.

2. I've heard that Kung Fu will work especially good on Omphaaz', is that right ? Is Kung Fu better than most weapons?

It's not so much that Kung Fu works on Oomphaz, but that the mental image of a three ton elephant doing a Bruce Lee impersonation is a pretty humorous thing, and some of us have few other pleasures [img]smile.gif[/img]

3. What exactly is the differnce between enchanting and blessing? I'm only lvl 3 in enchanting (already blessed my items with damage and armor) and whenever I try to enchant an item he tells me, "you must increase your enchant skill." That's why I couldn't figure out myself, yet.

Okay, here's the part that's missing. Enchanting belongs in the wizards' guild, and blessing in the temple. Consider them to be two sides of the same coin -- an enchantment or a blessing are both enhancements to an item. Each item can hold a certain number of blessings or enchantments, and if you use an item "slot" for an enchantment, then you can't use that same slot for a blessing. So if you've put four blessings on your armor, you have to have an enchant skill of 5 to put the first enchantment on it. The maximum number of "slots" is 12 (14 if you're a zenmaster with Enlightenment).

a)Will I still be able to max out in guild levels and if not which skills and traits will I miss?
The bug mentioned only works in the unpatched game. Many skills are available from multiple classes, and even if you don't get them, you'll be a tail-kicking machine by the end of the game. You can't really play the game wrong from that point of view.<.b>

b) Will it be cruicial for me in any time of the game lacking those fine warrior skills? I was really looking foreward to gaining the two-handed-skill. If I’ll never get it perhaps Kung Fu really is a good option ?
Nope.

5. Why could my Omphaaz magician join the priest’s guild ? My Elf Magician couldn’t, is there a special Omphaaz trait that allows every of their kind to join the priest’s guild ?
As was pointed out, were they both wizards, or was one a warlock?

6. I was planning to choose the assassin as my final class. I believe I MUST do it now because I will meet Grue Morde now while I’m in the Dragon’s Spire.
False assumption. You don't meet him until you're an assassin. He'll be there when you're ready.

a) Question: Wouldn’t it be better to gain some more skills and increase them easily by changing to Bard, Ranger or Monk first BEFORE I change to my final class, the assassin ? Because if I ascend to Assassin now it would take forever to learn all the new skills.
Just choices in the game. By the end of a typical game, I have many skills I've never used. You just smile and move on. Aside from Fletchery for the ranger, that is... that skill, I use all the time. [img]smile.gif[/img]

b) Is the assassin really so special and worth being chosen as final role? Or would a monk or a Samurai also be fine?
Assassinship is something neat, and assassins make fine killing machines. Of the three special roles, it shows up far earlier than the other two, which really don't appear until the end game. Again, there's nothing right or wrong about finishing as an assassin -- it's just a choice you can make.

7. The Priest Munney keeps on rewarding me for talking to Janthril, is this a bug ? I guess so
Bug in the unpatched version, I believe.

8. On the way to the stout mines is a monster that attacks me but I can neither see it nor target it. What is that ? Seems like it’s hiding up in the trees.
Bloodstone Roc, as bsftcs mentioned. If you're running before you encounter it, you tend to get into a clearing where it can become visible for you. Otherwise, you're dealing with bird poop from the heavens

Wow, that’s a lot of questions. I hope you can help me out once again.
Hope we have

In return I want to give two hints to the Wizards and Warriors community concerning the Bronze Beast and the Scanthril Dagger Quest.
And thanks for contributing back!

While using the search function I’ve seen that many, many problems occured with these two issues, problems I had myself

1. The Assassin’s Dagger

a) When you go to Scanthril the first time talk with him about a Job. He wants GUNDEL dead.
b) Look for the dead miner with the Miner’s Writ. This is Gundel! Afterwards immediately return to Scanthril to report his death.
c) Ask Scanthril again for a job. Now you will get the task to kill Raskallion and you’re free to kill him.

Note: Most walkthroughs tell you to kill Raskallion and return to Scanthril. If you do so without reporting Gundel’s death before, the dagger will be lost forever!
The trick is that you must ask Scanthril about *BOTH* jobs the first time. If you kill Rathskallion before you get the job, you don't get the dagger.

2. The Bronze Beast

Omphaazs can’t wear the Dragon Plate Mail but you can simply take another character with you, equip the Mail on him and deactivate the Bronze Beast. After that you can return to the Inn and leave the 2nd character there to continue your Solo-Run.

For some reason, I thought that the Dragon Plate made by Freyedies was equippable by any character, just so you could get past the firebeast. The stuff you steal from the vaults may not be. Now, I haven't tried to put it on an Oomphaz that I can think of, but I thought that's the way it worked.

And as I think about it, as long as you've got the plate and are sufficiently protected from fire (see enchantments, artifact of sun), you can withstand the heat and deactivate the critter. I may try that again...
Whew! Thanks for asking a ton of questions, and I hope this run-through is enjoyable! Keep us posted...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote