View Single Post
Old 11-29-2001, 09:19 AM   #16
Whailor

Yes, I am sure it isn't Malcolm McDowell. How would I put it..

Let's say that their voices are different, the voice used by "Irenicus" actor is somewhat more 'deep' [img]smile.gif[/img] McDowell's voide is tad more 'sound' or 'brighter'. Hard to explain, but when you listen to both, you will hear what I mean [img]smile.gif[/img]

And yes Melusine, pronouncing. Word here or there, bleh I can probably bet that when I or you Melusine or someone else from these boards, who are from Europe (not UK) would speak in english, we would sound just like Jaheira and Minsc with our accents heheh.. We may speak and pronounce it well and correctly, but we still have the accents because we do not speak english in our everyday life. That's what I mean by Jaheira and Minsc accents - it's not 'european' as such, it's simply the accent of a person who is speaking in a language which is not his/her main language.

Just to add, Malcolm McDowell was also the Admiral Tolwyn in the Wing Commander games, so it was good that he was chosen for the movie as well. Though I didn't go to watch the movie, as I had no time and wasn't sure that it actually focussed on the theme, around what the games were built. And as I heard, it didn't, not to the expected extent. Melusine is probably correct about the Irenicus cast, I think it was David Warner as well, at least the name somewhat rings the bell. I can check it later, just for the personal satisfaction