View Single Post
Old 12-02-2000, 04:07 AM   #15
Astyanax12

I'm with THE_ONE on this. How you choose to play the game is entirely up to you. You should play mean, evil bastards if that is what you prefer. And I don't agree that W&W is built for goody-two-shoes only. At the end you have the choice of allying with Cet or even refusing to...... (spoiler deleted). SO DWB obviously had an eye on the dark side.

I was impressed by the more complex gameplay of Might & Magic 7 (shame about the graphics tho) where approximately half way through you are faced with a major decision to make - make peace between the humans and elves, or trick them into all out war. As a consequence of that decision you would find yourself on the path of light or the path of dark. The remaining quests, role ascensions and ultimate goal were quite different according to the path taken. Playing the path of light was (as you might expect) in line with most RPG games, but the path of dark was very scary, it made you feel much more for the morality of the situation and responsibility for many of the evil things which flowed from that fateful decision. Ultimately winning with the path of dark actually gave me quite a sick feeling. Now that's what I call role playing (IMHO of course!)