View Single Post
Old 03-25-2003, 09:00 AM   #10
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

whoa! Glad you came out of that ok, antryg! The memory of that incident must give you and your loved ones the shakes! Hmmm...put that in your letter to the hospital... Seriously, I'd do what Timber suggested. I found that tactic worked for me when my lawyer suggested I write Equifax to have innacurate information taken off my report. Seems an overzealous bill collector told the credit agency (one his company was a subsidiary of!) that I had a 'judgement' for a bill not paid to my former apt complex. It was a fradulent repair bill that they tried to stiff me with after I had moved out and they gave it to a collections company about a year later. It ended up being dropped when my lawyer contacted the apartment complex, but the collector continued, he even got personal and abusive.

But the notation was on my credit report. My lawyer gave me advice similar to TL's above and I sent a letter to Equifax letting them know that the abusive collector was working on his own (even used his home phone in one abusive call to me) and had been harrassing me AFTER he ceased to work for the collection agency and AFTER the apartment complex dropped their bill. I never got a reply from Equifax, but they sure dropped the notation from my report and sent me a copy of it.

Good luck, antryg!

[ 03-25-2003, 09:01 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]