View Single Post
Old 02-08-2003, 08:46 AM   #98
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by karlosovic:
[QB]For that matter, Journalism in general only ecompasses a very small spectrum. All journalism these days, from national news to tabloid, is alarmist, sensationalist, and full of misleading statements and outright lies.
That sounds a bit on the extreme side to me, but then you are entitled to your opinion.

Quote:
"Price of fame" ??? just because someone's job puts them in the public eye, doesn't mean everyone else has the right to critisise everything about their private lives. You don't even have the right to know about their private lives.
Whether or not we do, it is a fact that such things become known in one way or another. How many celebs have lost good friends or family over 'tell all books'? It's a fact of life and 'gossip' is going to happen either behind closed doors or on the television at primetime. I firmly believe that Jackson saw this interview as a means of stopping the rumors he surely knows are going around and now he's found it just didn't work out that way so he's blaming the interviewer, who certainly needs to accept some of the blame but is in no way the sole cause of Mr. Jackson's discomfort or the bad press going around. Sorry, but if he can't accept that his behavior is 'odd' to the rest of the world, he'll never understand why they don't accept it as 'loving' or perfectly ok and I don't just mean the kids sleeping in his room or the abnormal childhood his kids are getting to have, although that's the only thing I think anyone has a right to question on a serious note- as the rest of it is fluff and eccentricity gone over the top, but that is potentially damaging to the children in question.

Quote:
I always laugh when I hear about some reporter getting hurt or killed from sticking their nose where it wasn't welcome, and I laugh double hard when I see some journalist's own personal life in headlines cause it's like "The tables have turned, how do you like it now @$$hole ?"
Sorry, but I find it quite disturbing that anyone would laugh at another person being hurt or killed.