View Single Post
Old 07-02-2002, 01:11 PM   #1
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

WELCOME TO THE OCTAGON!

This thread is designed to allow any AD&D or BGII character to participate in Arena-style combat. NO "UBER" CHARACTERS ALLOWED! You have a total of 85 points to distribute among your 6 abilities as you see fit. I will review all characters sheets for approval and make any changes I feel are necessary to maintain balance.

There will be NO magic items or weapons in the Octagon. However, it is assumed that you have enough gold to equip your character with whatever normal equipment or weapons you want them to have (again, this will be subject to approval by the DM). You may have multiple quantities of any regular weapon or item, so long as your character has the strength and capacity to carry them all. I will apply the BGII limits on missile weapons (40 arrows or sling bullets/20 darts/etc) per carrying case/quiver/pouch/etc.

Spellcasters must include a list of spells known. I need to know which ones they plan to use in the Octagon and the order in which they will be cast.

Send your character sheets to me through e-mail or PM. Be sure to include a physical description of your character, along with any odd mannerisms or personality traits that you would like included in the descriptions of your battle. I will allow any legitimate racial/class kit combination from 1st or 2nd Edition AD&D or BGII. I will also allow non-weapon proficiencies if you choose to use them. All AD&D rules or kits can be reviewed at this site - AD&D Downloads

IF you choose a kit from one of the various Complete Handbooks (dwarven BattleRager, elven BladeSinger, etc), then PLEASE include a Complete list of all special abilities granted to that kit.

Each Octagon victory will earn your character Reputation points. Your characters Reputation will come into play in determining experience points for fights and rankings for any tournaments (YES, we will also have tournament competitions as time goes on).

You may issue a general challenge or challenge specific characters. A general challenge will be accepted on first come-first served basis.

Once your character is approved and your challenge is accepted, you must give the DM combat instructions (ie..1st two rounds fire bow, 3rd attack with swords..etc.). You can be as basic or advanced as you feel is necessary. Every character should have basic tactics on your character sheet, just in case of emergencies.

General Octagon Combat Rules:

1) There are two initial rounds of ranged combat. If one character advances, it changes to one round of ranged combat.
2) The use of traps and non-lethal poison is permitted.
3) Only one character per member. If your character is killed, you can create another.
4) There is a possibility of accidental death (-15hp).
5) No magic items to start with.
6) No outside help or interference.
7) All hit points and “level-up” rolls will be done by the DM.
8) Your ability score total may not be more than 85.
9) Ability score of 19 is allowed for racial adjustment as long as total is under 85.
10) Starting armor may not be better than regular plate mail.
11) All characters will start with 20,00xp. That will make most single-classed characters 5th-6th level. Multi-class characters will have the 20,000 divided evenly among their classes.

Once a character is approved, he/she will be added to the Roster. The Roster will list the name, class, and level of the character plus the name of the IW member playing that character. Once your character is listed on the Roster, he/she may issue a challenge.

How does it work?
You will send a PM to me outlining your battle strategy and I use the dice to actually “roll” the encounter. I will then Post a play-by-play account of the results in this thread.

So send me your characters – and LET THE COMBAT BEGIN!!!

One Last Note - I hope this thread will be popular and grow very large. In consideration for ALL our members, please "turn off" your sig in this thread. Thanks
Cerek the Barbaric is offline   Reply With Quote