View Single Post
Old 09-26-2001, 03:07 PM   #1
Tancred
White Dragon

Greetings, barfolk! I require your aid.

Having recently got my over-imaginative hands of TeamBG's Infinity Engine Editor Program, I am set busy at work, prodding files, having good fun making a mess and learning as I go. My aim? To introduce Tancred Foesmite as an NPC character. Difficult, especially in the case of Karnas the sword - but achievable.

Tancred's stats and character are so far set. A Lawful Neutral Cavalier (of Helm), a reasonable fighter, charismatic but a bit dim. No, the real bugbear hit me when I came to classify Karnas, his sword.

Those of you who have followed the Bar will know of the irrepressable Karnas; an evil wizard trapped in a holy blade 150 years ago by Tancred's great-grandmother, herself a Paladin of great repute. Now, some of us know what TeamBG are like when it comes to balancing expansions against the actual game, and it's important I get this right. One of the key points about the sword is, however, Tancred will not give it up; it is his pledge, nay, his family's sacred duty to safeguard Karnas' soul until such time as it is released by Helm himself. As such, he's going to be stuck with it forever.

So... what should it DO?

Note that Karnas has been described many times as being a Bastard Sword (well, just being a B...), and having a soul inside and being a holy blade has potential for both magic and cleric effects. He talks, naturally (not a problem, already figured out how to do that, need a dialog editor program). Let your imaginations and your ideas burble forth, for I hope to draw inspiration from your ideas and generally use this as a sounding board for thoughts anyone might have. Of course, anyone who doesn't frequent the BG2 Bar, but thinks they have enough of a handle on the scenario to contribute a few thoughts, feel free!

So... what do YOU think?