View Single Post
Old 01-09-2005, 07:38 PM   #34
Thoran
Galvatron

And for the Mac gang... here's a pro-MAC article that smacks around both Linux AND Windows.

http://www.mi2g.com/cgi/mi2g/framese...ess/051104.php

Pretty interesting article actually.

Lemmon I find/you find/he finds/she finds... ANYONE can find an article saying just about anything they want on the internet.

As I've said all along, I'm glad Linux (and the Mac too for that matter) is out there providing a viable alternative to Windows (A company I'm not overly fond of... very predatory). Just flagging the crusaders who have an agenda to point out every flaw in windows while ignoring the warts in their OS of love.

My standard disclaimer - Don't trust the prophets, do the research and come to your own conclusions.

For me (a person who doesn't have to pay out of pocket for my OS decisions) Windows is my general use OS, Linux is a toy, and hopefully soon I'll have a Mac to play with.

If I was personally paying for my software I'd be using Linux, although on the one system I'd really LIKE to use linux on I can't for lack of drivers (Dual Opteron workstation, of course there are 64 bit Windows drivers missing too) and I'd have to pay for the OS (SuSe 64-bit Enterprise... could not find any free distributions).