View Single Post
Old 02-23-2002, 07:12 AM   #96
Psycho
Dungeon Master

Hi wizpeople out there,

This is something you can only use while forming your party, but keeping some things in mind can work wonders.

I haven't seen this tip in here... so...

You might have noticed that after you selected walk/run in combat, your characters attack/cast/... in the order they are in. (i.e. top left-top right-.... - bottom right)

Now... when creating your party.

* put your bard/bishop or other char with disabling possibilities in the last position. This way you can cast sleep/insanity/freeze/web/...
at the end of a round. The round the enemy wakes up/... they lose their first or even all attacks. You don't want to get them to sleep and then your last char wakes them up again = wasted turn. Doing this each round can let you finish tough fights without even taking a scratch.

* put your chars with insta-kills before your heavy damage fighter/lord/valkyrie/rogue = they always get a strike, even against weaker enemies before the others finish them, so their skills go up faster + you want to give them a chance to instakill before your tanks move in.

This of course is only true after walk/run, where initiative has no/low effect.
Many of you might already use this, but if you didn't... remember it when you form your next party.

Sorry, this post became a bit longer than intended.

Signed,
one sick Psycho