View Single Post
Old 02-15-2004, 10:48 PM   #5
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by krunchyfrogg:
Just wondering. I'd assume that it is, since people can solo this game as well.

I'm currently trying out a new party, and I think I'll advance in levels faster if I only use 4 NPCs. I'm considering adding a certain big fighter (no spoilers!) in ToB.

Anyway, here's my party:

1/2 Elf Ranger/Cleric
Jaheira (Romance)
Keldorn
Jan
Nalia

I think I'll add in all of the NPCs (at least for a short time) to do their sidequests.

Any comments about the party I've constructed are welcome, but I think it's pretty balanced, and I have a lot of bases covered. The only thing I regret is that I feel like I'll be missing out on a bunch of the cool weapons in the game (no one is proficient is axes, longswords, or longbows). I'll get over it, though. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Your party is fine. Pretty well rounded. 2 priests (you and Jaheira), 2 mages (Jan and Nalia), Jan as your thief (Nalia is not effective as a thief, but Jan keeps advancing, so you're fine), and 3 tanks (Keldorn as main tank, plus Jaheira and you as backups). And it leaves a slot open to add NPCs along the way like you said (and leaves some options open in ToB...).

Nalia is a solid mage for the party, and adds thief weapondry to boot (can't open a lock, but can shoot a bow just fine). She'll be fine for your party.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote