View Single Post
Old 03-11-2003, 10:16 PM   #4
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by capster:
I have tried several times and he keeps killing me.I have a ranger,thief,druid-fighter,fighter,and two clerics.I think my lack of a magic user may be the problem.Any help or cheats would help.Thank you.
Hi Capster, welcome to Ironworks! [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

Some more stats on your existing party would be nice. What levels are your party members? What gear do they have? (Sounds to me like you have Imoen, Jaheira, Khalid, Branwen, and probably Viconia in your party.)

Many people are suggesting to take Edwin and dump a cleric. You've already bypassed two other mages (Xzar and Xan), so he looks like your best bet. Get him some spells, rest to memorize them, and come back to Davaeron.

Dispel magic is your friend. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Davaeron has a horrible habit of Dimension Door-ing everywhere. Send out one character with low AC and high hitpoints (probably Khalid) to act as bait. Sooner or later, Davaeron's going to stop teleporting from place to place, stand still, and start tossing spells.

He might Dire Charm a couple party members. If that happens, you can try casting Hold on the Dire Charmed party member, or even Charm to get him/her back over to your side.

Make sure Imoen checks for traps. There are a couple nasty ones down there that could kill or even chunk a party member.

But try not to cheat. The fun of BG1 comes from solving puzzles and winning battles using the gear you earned and the gray matter between your ears.