View Single Post
Old 10-13-2007, 10:59 PM   #22
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Default Re: Animal control workers hurl pets off bridge in Puerto Rico

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWarrior View Post
Well, believing in a soul doesn't mean you have to believe in an afterlife. Many systems do associate it with that but it's not always the case. There are at least 30 different schools of thought (both theological and philosophical) as to what the soul is and what it pertains to. So, this isn't me forcing some belief system on people - I don't adher to any religion personally, and when I speak of a soul it is more in line with the "living consciousness" concept as opposed to the "go to heaven" one. This is what I mean about looking into an animals eyes, you see alot more there than many would think. And that I don't think anyone of sound mind, regardless of their beliefs could argue that. Just thought i'd clarify what I meant.

True enough, (pertaining to the diversity of ideas about the soul etc.) I was just mentioning that experiment as an example as I was watching something about it earlier this week and I noticed many flaws in their approach, most importantly their inability to approach it objectively.

That and they assumed that having a soul (immortal or otherwise) could be disproven by debunking the idea of NDE's being a supernatural experience.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote