View Single Post
Old 10-13-2007, 10:53 PM   #21
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Default Re: Animal control workers hurl pets off bridge in Puerto Rico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestormalpha View Post
Well that was actually meant as a response to the end of Spirit Warriors reply. Not meant to be construed as my own views in any sense. I should have included his response to clarify my meaning.
Well, believing in a soul doesn't mean you have to believe in an afterlife. Many systems do associate it with that but it's not always the case. There are at least 30 different schools of thought (both theological and philosophical) as to what the soul is and what it pertains to. So, this isn't me forcing some belief system on people - I don't adher to any religion personally, and when I speak of a soul it is more in line with the "living consciousness" concept as opposed to the "go to heaven" one. This is what I mean about looking into an animals eyes, you see alot more there than many would think. And that I don't think anyone of sound mind, regardless of their beliefs could argue that. Just thought i'd clarify what I meant.