View Single Post
Old 07-16-2003, 04:13 PM   #3
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Happens during republican admins. Dems. create government jobs and fill 'em with their friends. Repugs. nix government jobs and outsource them to their corporate friends. 6 of 1, half-a-dozen of the other. No difference -- except that the Repugs. sometimes use the obscuring to claim that they have slashed government spending -- which is untrue as hell considering $300 screwdrivers, etc.

Just look at the companies rebuilding Iraq. All of the first round of contract award winners were administrative cronies.

Anyway, I agree with the volunteers. I wouldn't continue to volunteer if it was benefitting a corporation instead of the gov't -- I'd ask them to employ me.
In fact, maybe this "free labor" factor is one which suggests it might be *better* to have gov't jobs rather than outsource.

Statistical Fact: The government (federal, state, and city) is the 5 -- yes FIVE -- largest employers in Chicago, and is 11 out of the top 20 largest employers. Who's ready to join me in the revolution? And, it ain't just the USA -- your EU statistics are as gross. In truth, over half of the first-world's private sector functions have been nationalized.