Thread: Torchlight II
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 07:07 PM   #11
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Default Re: Torchlight II

Spiritwarrior - Yep I also read in a magazine that a lot of old school games like Baldurs Gate, Planescape Torment, and even Monkey Island may end up coming back to be used on the ipad and other pads because they could be touchscreen friendly. I hope that happens and not just so I could play them on the ipad, but to have those games maybe get popular again and maybe they will make more of them. I understand technology improving and all that, but I still like the old school style wherein you can pause and/or just have time to think and strategize rather than the real time hurry hurry decide quick type of games that are so popular now. I just loved like, in say, Baldurs Gate, where you could click on each character in a battle, and choose what each one would try, then hit the unpause button and watch and see what transpired. Then, if things looked like they may be going bad, you could pause again and go "hmmmm" and look through all your inventories and take time to pick another strategy, and go for it again. I just enjoy that more and remember battle scenarios that happened better and years later, vs. the real time stuff which happens so fast I cannot savor my own memories anywhere near as much, if that makes sense.

Is a "stylus" one of those pens? I haven't gotten one yet for my ipad. I did order a case with a prop-up that came with free included stuff on ebay, one of which was a pen, but it didn't work, doh! I think you have to have a certain kind. I can see them being handy when playing a game, just to reduce the fingerprinting and to keep the screen cleaner.

Ziroc - I read good things about Dungeon Hunter but when I looked it up I noticed it is not PC compatible, which was too bad.

Still not sure yet if DSIII sucks yet, to me (us) yet. The patches may make a difference. When it comes to our multiplayer game, it is tough to find a decent RPG game that is not a massive multiplayer that we can all play, and also that is PC compatible. So DSIII was really all there was out there new right now. Plus when chatting on a headset, even if we find some feature or scenario sucky in a game, we just rag and laugh about it, so end up still having fun anyway. Also Torchlight II may end up being another possibility in December when it comes out, if we just don't like
DSIII and do not want to finish it. Of course there is still the old Sacred II I suppose, but I recall having trouble getting an available server because they didn't have many.

Next week we will give it our first shot trying DSIII multiplayer so I will be able to give more feedback on how it goes. I've read about people having trouble playing "co-op" private games. I also read someone say to try Tunggle and multiplay it with that, but am totally unfamiliar with what Tunggle is all about and if the free version is do-able with the game or not. Once our experiment is done, and if things work out, I can send you the PC version if you want, I have a big credit on Amazon right now (sent back a defective Kindle a few months ago). Might as though wait first to see if the game is worth it first (I think it will be though once the kinks are worked out).

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote