Thread: Best axe
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2000, 05:08 AM   #8
Hoggar
Welcomed New User

While we're talking about butcher-boy and his axes... I have him dualwielding Frostreaver and Stonefire, and yesterday I let him loose upon the underdark. Last (and first and only so far apart from yesterday) time I was there I had one HELL of a hard time with the Beholders and the Mind Flayers. I didn't even complete those two lairs. This time, however... Korgan had the Cloak of Mirroring, so while the rest of the group was patiently waiting at the entrance, he ran into the Beholder lair and had the time of his life. I can imagine how the rest of the group listened to the screams of agony emerging from the depths as Mr Death whirled through the ranks of the enemy. As if this wasn't enough, I pretty much tried the same tactic in the Mind Flayer cave, with some support from Maz and Edwin. Last time, all my chars got slaughtered and Brainsucked time after another, but not Korgy. Time after another he encountered Mind Flayers and Ulyt... whatever, in man-to-man combat in the hallways. I had to reload twice in the entire Mind Flayer dungeon, and both times due to the fact that some other loser in my group strayed to close to the enemy. I didn't really agree before, thinking Minsc was as good, but now I am totally and fully convinced that Korgan is by far the best fighter in the game.

Well, in case you should care.