View Single Post
Old 01-17-2002, 05:49 AM   #74
SpinyNorman
Welcomed New User

Saw one post about merging potions/powders but it didn't mention all the money to be made!! There are two things that I know of which can make you a LOT of money very easily. You need someone with a moderate alchemy skill. Item 1: mix "sneeze powder" and "flash powder"; this makes pandemonium powder which sells for about 2900, for a profit of of something over 2500 for each potion. Even better, mix "Light Heal" and "Moderate Heal" to make "Heavy Heal", then mix "Heavy Heal" with "Cure Light Condition" to make "Cure Disease". Finally, mix the "Cure Disease" with "Heavy Heal" to make "Renewal". He'li is buying my "Renewal" potions for 4840, which gives me a profit of about 3600 each. My cost for ingredients varies depending on who I buy them from. The light and moderate heals and the cure light condition seem to be readily available from the temple in Arnika, and sometimes He'li has some of them even cheaper. I made over 500,000 in just a few minutes real time (maybe 1/2 hour). My alchemist turned priest has a decent alchemy skill, but by no means maxed out. This may be an overlooked method to make money, especially early in the game. You just need a moderate alchemy skill and a little starting capital - ( or none, if you've saved some of those potions and powders)...Of course I'm one of those packrat types who saves EVERYTHING - I HATE to use my potions and such... not sure exactly what I'm saving them for, but I found out last night when I got around to trying to mix potions and sell them!!! Instant Riches!!! ( Very different from what my Broker promises and fails to deliver .

Quick update: Looks like the Alchemy skill must be 50 or more to mix the Sneeze + Flash powder and the Heavy Heal + Cure Disease. Also, AND THIS IS IMPORTANT - You can't mix unidentified items - ( you could sell them, but you won't get anywhere near their actual value. Therefore, you will need either someone with the Identify spell and reasonable skill/spell points or you can buy ID scrolls and just make a little less money on each potion - ID scrolls cost about 280-290 at the temple or Anna's - Fuzzfas also has them as well as some of the other ingredients. Even buying the scrolls, you should still make a sizeable profit on the renewal potions and over 2000 on the sneeze + flash powders... This sure adds up in a hurry [img]smile.gif[/img] !!!
[ 01-17-2002: Message edited by: SpinyNorman ]

[ 01-17-2002: Message edited by: SpinyNorman ]

SpinyNorman is offline   Reply With Quote