Thread: Hi, High Dragon
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 06:43 AM   #19
Olorin

Breakout Champion Hexxagon Champion
Default Re: Hi, High Dragon

Got to High Dragon for the first time last night.

My party was 13/14. DW Rogue, Alistair, Wynne, and Morrigan. I had the -hostility gear, which didn't prevent me from getting KO'ed early.

When the dragon settled down for ground assault, Wynne revived me. I kept Wynne back out of range of buffet, and off to the side to avoid breath attacks. Alistair held threat well. I'd already been to see the elves, and the Juggernaut armor set worked well vs. fire. He also had shield wall + mastery, so he refused to get knocked down.

Morrigan tried to stay just close enough for CoC, with attempts at Paralyze, Glyph of P., and Crushing Prison that were mostly ignored. CoC worked, but between Morrigan and Wynne, I think only one Glyph actually landed.

My rogue dished out decent damage from behind the dragon, but kept getting thrown back. With Morrigan and Wynne both having Heal, we actually had a fairly easy time of it once the dragon set its sights on Alistair.
"Many are my names in many countries. Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkun to the Dwarves; Olorin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not"

--The Two Towers
Olorin is offline   Reply With Quote