View Single Post
Old 01-30-2005, 05:32 PM   #14
Ashara Dayne
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am sort of puzzled by the comment that Kivan has little to say to other NPCs. I do not beleive in adding banter for the sake of simply more screen time exposure, and I wanted banter topics to be variable. So instead of stamping out yet another: Why do you hate mages Valygar? or Anomen, you are arrogant bastard! for the sake of quantity I tried to go for more interesting ideas. And still, all NPCs got 3+ banters (appart from poor Yoshi). I however, reviewed the material upon reading this review and added extra banter.

I also asked JC about Keto's banter numbers, since Keto for me is an etalon of chattiness. I do want Kivan to talk less than Keto.

The minimum tally for KoS V4 will be (* - indicats banters will be added in V4 and for comparison I show Keto's in paranthesis):

Aerie (perviosly 7) *: 8 (6)
Anomen: 7 (12)
Cernd: 7 (4)
Edwin: 4 (3)
Haer'Dalis (previosly 3) *: 5 (4)
Imoen: 3 (3)
Jaheira: 5 (5)
Jan: 4 (4)
Keldorn (previously 4) *: 5 (6)
Korgan: 4 (5)
Mazzy: 4 (5)
Minsc (previously 3) *: 5 (5)
Nalia (previously 3) *: 5 (5)
Valygar (previously 4) *: 5 (3)
Viconia: 4 (5)
Yoshimo (previously 2) *: 4 (6)

The fact that I allow an Elven PC to diss Elves is intentional - PC was raised by humans, and being a demi-god, I think that the player can decide his attitudes towards other races without me looking over his shoulder and excluding his replies. On the other hand there are Elven PC specific replies that allow the palyer to show that he is an Elf. And of course, a female PC have a lot of additional options. There will be more of them in the talks to come.

I do disagree that he is dull or have little personality, matter of taste imo

The rest I agree with - we definetly do need ToB, interjections, and all that jazz. Demin encounter will be revised to add more options - we discussed it with Hendryk long ago.
Ashara Dayne is offline   Reply With Quote