View Single Post
Old 09-11-2001, 05:29 PM   #99
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Gabriel:
I think if a member of you famliy was living next door to a terrorist and they were killed in a attack with no warning and chocked up as neccity losses YOU would not be able the keep such a view.- besides I think such actions are war crimes.
Sorry, forgot to answer the first comment (and the way the discussion is going, I opted for another post.)

Again, you're thinking in grey. No, I wouldn't like it. I would sure hope that my familly would not die in such an horrific way. However, I cannot let this thought cloud my judgement. If I was a military strategist (which I'm not... but probably should be ) I would not let my judgement be clouded by the morality of the issue. Yes, it is horrific that innocent would die in the process. However, I would rather the other guy's familly died then mine. If I start projecting pain from the impact, I would not bomb them... I would not kill them which means that the terrorist (who really doesn't give a damn about anything but the CAUSE) can still hijack a plane and crash it in Disney World when I'm there for a visit.

It's war. There's nothing pretty about war. The aim of war is to dominate your ennemy by ANY means available. If you loose you're dead and if you win, you don't have to worry about the consequenses because you make the law.

Black and White.

------------------
If I am because I think, then, if I talk without thinking, I'm not really talking! Am I?