View Single Post
Old 12-22-2004, 12:49 AM   #4
Dave_the_quack
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by VulcanRider:
Kinda depends on a few questions:
How many people are needed for a single shift? Are some shifts (nights/weekends) slower than others so fewer people could be scheduled? Is everybody equally trained for the job, or do some people need to be paired up with more experienced workers? BTW, what kind of work is this?
Just the formula needs to be worked out... not who with who etc (for more experienced workers with less experienced etc). Basically, 4 people on during the day is ideal. We DEFINATELY need at least 3 people on during the hours of 5am - 8am. Prolly get away with 2 people on during the night.

Heh, im starting to think explaining it might become a little difficult... so maybe just if your on a roster, send it and I'll take a look to see if I can modify it to suit my job.

Its easy to modify rosters once you have them... so maybe I should just google shifts... hrmm..

Oh yeah - I work for a gambling company.. TABCorp. 4th largest in the world... I think.. I dunno. But yeah, in the computer room, we bring the systems down and up of a morning, and fix problems or escalate to people who know how to fix said problems. Heaps interesting..... i know. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Thanks for the replies, guys. [img]smile.gif[/img]