View Single Post
Old 11-22-2000, 02:49 AM   #1
Ze_sponge

So there I was..plodding thru the dreaded wilderness, when I found the entrance into the Dragon Spire!!!. Having my beefy (yet somewhat simple) barbarian clad in my new Dragon armor that I managed to talk the King out of (glad he didn't see all those bulging bricks of gold sticking out of my pack) I confidently walk in, throw a switch, ignore a 'insert letter here please' sign hanging over a empty drawer, round a corner and promptly lose all my facial hair to some smelly, loud, obnoxious bronze fire breathing DEMON!

Naturally this confuses me. I'm wearing my new armor with 'fire? what fire?' etched into the breast plate and it's been about as effective as the cardboard tunic that I gave up at level 2. Rationalizing that the demon must not have read the script at this point, I courteously toss my copy out showing him that I have the fire resistant armor and he should just get out of the way, which he promptly burns to ash! How rude!

Prompting my wizard to go out and see if he can 'negotiate' I cross my fingers hoping maybe one can talk with this thing (the barbarian's not too good with words you know), but apparently that didn't go to well as incantations fill the room and all hell breaks loose down the corridor, quickly followed by my oh-so-powerful wizard yelling 'medic!' and cowering back behind the wall.

Apparently this bronze fire breathing demon forgot to get hit points (so as to become killable) at the last stop in town.

I've tried walking down the hallway holding the armor in front of me like some kinda pathetic shield, yelling yankee-doodle-dandy and kissing all the pretty stones in the way while saying 'open sesame' to get this thing to realize that I'm supposed to be HERE!, yet I can't get by it. Do I have to send in a request via this letter slot and wait for a engraved invitation?

Could someone be so kind as to tell me how I get this thing to shut up and let me pass?