Thread: Group dynamics
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2001, 03:10 PM   #1
Jordi
Dungeon Master

I love this game. I like my PC and my party. My dilemma is this: I want to do a lot in chap 2 before moving on, but I don't want to reconstitute my party all the time. I have already had and dropped cernd and yoshimo. I would just rather play through with these and then start over with a different character (probably a mage of some sort).

Also, I don't like sharing XP with an NPC that I will only have around for a few days.

So, how much scope, or number of quests, will I sacrifice by trying to play party intact? Will this party serve me well enough in the sense of having enough different kind of strengths? Do I have any group dyanmic problems down the road, like kicking out Jan or Aerie to let imonen back in? Can you advise iwthout spoiling? This is my first time playing.

Right now I have Me, an elven, 10th level archer with master proficiency in long bow and an array of arrows.

Minsc with that talking sword and the sword of chaos, launching arrows when I need him to.

Valygar with the flame sword +2 and his family sword. Also firing arrows as needed

Jaheira with the Gnasher club and teh +2 medium shield (AC -2 I think).

Jan

Aerie with the missles and fear wands.