Thread: Assassination
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2001, 04:43 PM   #30
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:
Yes, indeed, with good reason. I should perhaps make it clear here that I am not at all in favour of giving up local rights to centralised bodies - as we seem to be doing right left and centre, especially with regard to trade, not to mention regulations of all sorts. I do not believe centralised bodies understand local needs, and that this kind of governance is too crude to work in the long term.

However, when it comes to dictators and tyrants enslaving and impoverishing millions, then we need to look at some kind of world body, I do believe. Very difficult in practice, but that's no reason not to attempt it!

I agree with what you just said, both in your view of more autonomy at the local level and yet at the same time an international body set up to deal with international crime such as at the level we have just witnessed with the attack on the WTC.

Such an international body would possess more credibility on the world scene than merely the US acting alone and other countries going along for the ride.

It cut be sort of a loose federation set up by treaty of the member nations.