View Single Post
Old 02-05-2002, 12:10 AM   #1
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

I heard the US accusing Iran of having a "porous" border with Afghanistan, which allowed al Qaeda and Taleban people to escape. Now, before September 11th, the US border was one of the most "porous" in the world. What right has the US to accuse Iran (a poor, 3rd world nation) over issues which the US (a great 1st world nation) couldnt even get right?

What do you think about this? Is the US doing the right thing, or is the pot calling the kettle black?

I personally think that the US should perhaps have taken a more diplomatic approach than blurting out to the world that Iran was practically accepting terrorists.

I believe that it is attitudes like what the US has been taking is what is the base for forming many terrorist orginisations.

I'm just interested to know your views..
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas