View Single Post
Old 11-02-2000, 02:06 PM   #2
Altean

Well, raft IS useful, as you know you can run while swimming (holding SHIFT makes run), but when you are on raft you can 'run' on water, so basicly you are much faster on raft than swimming. Horse is useless tho, just monsters (low ones) cannot hit you as well as you cannot hit them (I mean melee weapons - swords, axes, etc. Spells work). Every class has certain skills available to train when you get new lvl, when you switch to different class, you can lose some potential skills and get different ones. Guilds are useful for getting quests, special items and training, also to role ascension. I had every character in at least one guild. Warriors in Armory and some also in Bushi Dojo, thief in PAwn Shop, Armory, Bushi Dojo (thief-ninja-assasin ascension). I have samurai that can access wizard guild (warrior + wizard), but don't see any paoint in it. There is no cap for skills or lvl. I have couple finished on lvl 20 (but also + 6-12 levels before they changed class). No pint to go higher than skill 7 in skill. Skill 7 will give access to all spells in certain school, also sword can hit anything with skill 6-7. I think with skill 7 you can feel pretty done with certain skill and train another.
When you switch classes, you start on lvl 1 again, but you don't lose any exp or skills. Before you get to higher lkvl in new class than old class, you get only one hitpoint and rarely any ability point. When you get higher than old class lvl you are back in regular leveling.