Thread: Warning.
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2000, 02:04 AM   #8
Armisael

Funny, I went all teary-eyed when Yoshi turned traitor on me. It was definitely a good plot twist... but it didn't really seem to work out properly, if you understand. Yoshimo's attitude really wasn't very 'traitor-like'; too flippant and conversational. Especially those little interactions with the NPCs.

Jan: "Lately I've been working on a turnip peeler. A magical device, of course, designed to peel 100 turnips per minute. I'm really quite close to a breakthrough. Naturally, however, it does cost well over 100 gold pieces per day to run. But think of the uses!"

Yoshimo: "Why, turnip peeling, for one."

Jan: "Exactly! You've got a knack for logical thinking, Yoshi. You could go far in the service of Gond."

My advice to everyone is this; if your main character isn't a thief, don't bother playing single play. Play a multi game and make your own thief, because when Yoshi goes, that's it. Jan's okay, but I really have to favour pure classes over multi- or dual- classes.
However, as a sidenote, I'm working on a little patch to stop Yoshi from turning traitor on you if you do a certain string of events (i.e. make friends with him. It'll be completely centered around conversation and dialogue responses. Trying to figure out how I can get around that whole geas thing). Let's see how far I get before going insane.
As for backstabbing with a two-handed sword: nope. 'Your weapon is unsuitable for backstab'. And rightly so, too. Backstabbing with a sword taller than yourself can't be easy.