View Single Post
Old 02-17-2001, 09:42 PM   #45
Moni

...know and YOU know," he emphasized his words by poking Sazerac lightly in his chest, "that we can't possibly get this all done in three days!"

"Just a sec." he told his friend and Sazerac pushed past Ditka to approach the disiple.

"My friend is right you know, we can't possibly accomplish all this in three days time. Why the limit?"

"No reason." Monyka answered, "other than that I like to pressure people to live up to their expectations of themselves as heroes. You can't accomplish the task? Perhaps I misjudged you and should seek elsewhere for the true Heroes of The Gael Serran."

"No!" Sazerc told her confidently, "We can do it! Three days from now, we will have slain the Naga and be in the Boogre Caves!"

While she looked down to admire herself and make sure all her leather was just so before donning her hooded cloak, Sazerac looked over her shoulder at Ditka and shrugged. He knew this was their only chance to prove themselves and obtain the fame they had so long deserved.
Besides he thought she is so pretty...and so dangerous with the protection of The Wise and Dreaded Sage Wyvern!

She looked up at him and stated without emotion, "So be it, then." She threw on her cloak in one swift graceful move and stepped toward the door of the Inn. "My business here is finished then, I must take my leave."

As she stepped out into the warm sunshine of yet another beautiful day in Valeia, she shuddered at the goodness in the air and then again when she felt a great personal danger toward herself coming from as far away as Ishad N'ha.

She focused. She closed her eyes and saw him...a Ratling. She felt the danger he imposed on her and on her mission to fool the so called champions.
She laughed to herself. They had more than three days and she knew it. Hell, they had all the time in the world! As long as they didn't realize that she could get on to the real dirty work she hand in mind but she had to take care of the Ratling before he reached Valeia to warn them. They may try to stop her from completing her evil mission to...