View Single Post
Old 12-21-2004, 12:17 PM   #28
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
Well for my opinion there has to be a common sense rule that at least at an amateur level, men and women’s sport (not just football) should be separated with few exceptions.

However

When it comes to professional sports women should have every right to compete on an equal basis. By that I mean true equality not this rubbish like in golf where they change the tee distance and such. My opinion does seem to be in the minority but I really do wonder if the law is not on my side.

In 'real' life I doubt a lady would manage to play premier league football, but I'm quite sure that one day soon they could be of a standard to play second division. With of course the chance to play against Man utd in a cup match. I hope it happens in my lifetime
Oh yeah, i can hear the Red Army's chants already, man...will they have a ball that time.

You forget that football is a typical macho world. I remember how guys with long hair got treated by the fans. Imagine 50.000 fans who all make girlie sounds whenever the guy in question is in possession of the ball. And god forbid a gay player ever comes out of the closet, his life will be over. There won't be a stadium on this planet where he won't be ridiculed all night long.

I stick with my earlier statement, women have no place in the world called football, not now and not ever. I remember they let a woman act as a linesman here the other day, god knows why but they gave it a shot. Well, i think she cried for a week when the match was over, and not just because of reactions that came out of the crowd, but from the players as well.