View Single Post
Old 07-23-2004, 03:31 PM   #1
Jorath Calar
Harper

So I was DM-ing for my brother and his friends today, they are aged 10 - 12 and say D&D is the coolest game ever... [img]smile.gif[/img]
I wasn't well prepared just slightly so I had to spin a lot, which I had never done before but damn it was fun... [img]smile.gif[/img] Good thing about their young age is they don't nitpick on details so plotholes are forgiven... and damn there are lots of them in that campaign... [img]smile.gif[/img] Bad thing is they get very unpatient if it takes some time to advance and there is no fight for some time. So basicly I just try to make it fun for them so hack and slash is pretty common and I use pretty much every fantasy cliche in the book... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Anyway they are 4th level party and today I had them facing a handful of Locatah (Fishpeople much like Kuo Toa), lead by a 3rd level Locatah wizard... which died in the first round.. thanks to a very lucky critical from the Rogue, and their pet... a Stag beetle. damn for a CR 3 it is a powerful beetle... [img]smile.gif[/img] They had not so much trouble with it until it trampled and the cleric failed a reflex save... and now I have a question, after a trample and someone has been trampled, are they moved from under the monster or do they remain under it. I wasn't sure so I moved the cleric from under it, saying it had kicked him away... [img]smile.gif[/img] Anyone know what really happens, I can't find my DMG to check if it says anything about it there.

By the way in the next round it did a 26 points bite damage to the fighter... I've never seen a 12 year old more worried... [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 07-23-2004, 03:33 PM: Message edited by: Jorath Calar ]