View Single Post
Old 01-22-2003, 11:10 AM   #128
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
quote:
Originally posted by Rokenn:
Well having grown up in judeo-christain society a great deal of them come from that source. To boil it down to its most basic "do unto others has you would have them do unto you".
Ahh well that is a pretty good approach if you ask me, but of course that is just my opinion. So while you reject the idea of a God, it is not a bad thing to take something from those who do and use it as a basis. In otherwords, just becuase soemthing came from a religion, it is not necessarily useless. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] I can live with that (as if you should care )[/QUOTE]I personally have no problems with religion. As a matter fact looking back historically religion has been a fairly good job of civilizing humans and enforcing social norms. One of the reasons I'm an atheist is that I feel society has advanced to the point were it's possible to move beyond its influence. Like finally putting your childhood security blanket away.

The one thing I do deeply resent though are the attempts but many, mostly conservative, Christian groups to get various state sponsorships for their beliefs. The wall separating the Church from the State should be so tall and wide that even an omnipotent deity can not breach it.