Thread: Familiars
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2001, 02:45 PM   #10
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Love your stories
Zenith, the reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllly cute wittle grey wabbit has another inpronouncable Dutch name: Basje. I'll try to translate... Bas is just an ordinary name, a form of Sebastian I think, and the suffix -je is used to denote something that's little. There is no real equivalent in English apart from -let maybe, as in piglet, booklet. It's a pretty sweet name in Dutch.

Melusine, I love rabbits (in case anyone hasn't noticed by now, I think I love most animal life!!!) I used to keep rabbits when I was younger, but now I have no garden.

I have found that they can be very varied in temperament - most I have kept have been very friendly, but I had one once that was a complete b*stard! It would bite at every opportunity, and actually growled quite loudly when anyone went near it. If it was loose in the garden and anyone went out to the garden with it, it would run towards them growling and bite their ankles!! I think it is because it was broody - female rabbits can be quite territorial sometimes.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas.