Thread: Familiars
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2001, 03:08 AM   #3
Moiraine
Anubis

Hi Zenith, nice idea !

I have two cats.

My old lady cat, Crapote, is black with only a small white patch on her breast (er ... not so old, only 9, but she grumbles like a very old lady ...). She came to us on Christmas day through the snow when she was only 6 months, our neighbour had divorced and quite forgotten the kitty. We tried to give her back to him twice, but she twice came back, so - we kept her ! She is very trusting to us - she even gave birth to her kittens twice at my husband's feet, in his office (he worked at home at the time).

Then last summer I went to fetch my husband at the train station one evening, and I was early, so I went to the station café and got a coffee. At my feet was a very beautiful 6 months kitten - and very very skinny, and the bartender told me that he had been there for three days, and he hadn't fed him at all except water, since he didn't want him to stay - so what could I do ? I took him back home. I wanted to give him after several days, since I was afraid that my old Crapote would not like him at all (and I was SO true). Then I brought him to the vet on the next Saturday - and this cat had leucosia ... So we couldn't give him, he would have been killed. And the vet told me that, since he had probably got this disease from his mother, he was so young, he would quite surely not get rid of it. But he tried on him a new experiment he had read about in a vet review, which consists in vaccinating the cat against leucosia three successive months - and, against all expectations, it worked ! Now my Zebulon is perfectly fine - ready for a long wild life. And he also is so trusting with us - a true teddycat !

Here it is - until the next episode.

------------------