View Single Post
Old 05-09-2008, 09:52 AM   #7
Grogs
Welcomed New User

Default Re: Role Ascension Advice

Thanks for the welcome, bsftcs. I'm actually reading through the 'Stackman' series as I'm playing the game. They probably make one of the best walkthroughs out there. And thanks for your advice as well, Shadow Stranger.

I did decide to wait until after the Boogre caves to make any changes though. Or I should say that I decided that and realized I had just picked up the Assassin's Dagger from Scanthril. Since the rogue->ninja->assassin path seems like a no-brainer to me, I went ahead and switched him over so he could start learning dark spells. I got him to 6th level assassin before we went in the caves. I tried using the sleeping sentry (~2500 xp) from the Ninja quest to gain some of the levels, but it seems rather inconsistent and I had to be careful not to actually get promoted.

In the end, I got War to 6th level assassin before we went into the Boogre caves, and I'm glad we did. By the time we exited into Doshi Gin's grove, he was 8th level with a promotion to 9th pending. I suppose I could have put off fighting the scorpion in the pit until after I had exited and trained, but it just didn't seem like a big deal. Speaking of Doshi, I shamelessly took advantage of Dr. Pick's tip for using the lampand got Arms of Argus for each character as well as a couple of swords/chains/amulets from the Jinni.

Waiting on the other 3 characters payed off though. I finished the Shrew Chisi quest for the Dojo and discovered that both Spirit Shield and Tiger Strike were available at guild level 4, not at level 5. It is a shame my Oomphaz warlock was already a monk, though. He could really benefit from Spirit Shield. A few thousand xp got each character a level in their old class so they could buy these traits, and then I changed classes. I've decided to change classes as follows:

Armageddon: (Gourk Samurai) -> ranger

I already got fletching for him and once he has finished vine magic, I'll probably go -> paladin -> ninja to pick up spirit and moon magic.

Disease: (Whiskah Monk) -> Samurai

I plan to go Warlock -> Valkyrie with her once she has all of the Sun spells. Since I won't want to reclass her once she becomes a Valkyrie, I want to go Warlock first. That way she'll have all 6 spell groups when she becomes a Valkyrie. Since she has the Spirit Shield trait now and her primary weapon is still a staff, the drop in fighting abilities when she hits Warlock shouldn't be too bad.

Famine: (Dwarf Monk) -> Ninja

I'm not sure where I'll go with her after Ninja, but I might give bard a try since I've never had one before and that class gets the moon/fiend spells.

BTW, now that I have fletchery, I've realized I have nothing good to fletch. I do have some dragon arrows, but nobody who can enchant/bless them right now (they just don't show up in the available items list.) Does anyone know which combinations work on Dragon arrows?

Thanks,

Grogs
Grogs is offline   Reply With Quote