View Single Post
Old 05-04-2008, 12:56 PM   #1
Grogs
Welcomed New User

Default Role Ascension Advice

Hello everyone,

I've never posted here before, but I have lurked here a bit. Thanks to everyone who put together the maps, tips, and walkthroughs for this game that have made my life easier. I played the game through a couple of times 3-4 years ago and I've decided to dust it off and play again.

In my current game, some of my characters are reaching a point where they're feeling a bit stagnant. Stagnant in that several are beginning to reach those mid-levels where advancement becomes quite slow. This also seems to correspond to the time when they're reaching a moderate level in the guilds and there are lots of cool new abilities to train on. I should also mention that I'm playing the patched version of the game.

I started out with a fairly standard group: 2 warriors, 2 priests, 1 rogue, and 1 wizard. I leveled them up to ~10th and then reset adventures with the intent of allowing everyone to guild-hop to all the guilds on the 2nd go-round. Before I reset, I also swapped all of the characters to a new elite role so that they could start the new game as level 1's and join guilds in Valeia. Currently, I've just finished the temple and Shurugeon Castle and my character stats are:

Death: M Lizzord (War->Barb) Ranger 10 -> Samurai 8
Armageddon: M Gourk (War->Barb) Samurai 11
Disease: F Whiskah (Priest->Paladin) Monk 11
Famine: F Dwarf (Priest) Monk 11
War: M Ratling (Thief) Ranger 10 -> Ninja 8
Pestilence: F Omphaaz (Wizard->Warlock) Monk 5 -> Ranger 1 -> Warlock 10

The bits in parenthesis are the roles before resetting adventures, so they don't count against currently available roles. The characters that I'm pondering a role change for would be:

- Whiskah/Dwarf Monks. Both of these characters have completely filled out the Spirit spell group (~20 levels of priest/pally/monk each), so I'm not sure if they wouldn't be better served by switching to another class now, either to become better fighters or better casters. One will eventually become a Valkyrie, but that's a long way off.

- Gourk Samurai. I'm torn here. On one hand, I see the samurai as one of the best classes in the game. In the past, I think I always had 1-2 samurai when I beat Lord Cet. On the other, he's also managed to pick up every Sun spell available to him.

- Omphaaz warlock. I'm actually NOT ready to change her class right now, but it probably won't be long. Her spell book is a long way from being full, but there aren't too many more really useful spells left. When I get there would it be worthwhile to make her into a barbarian or something for a while to rack up on extra hp?

I welcome any suggestions you all have about what roles would be useful for these characters.
Grogs is offline   Reply With Quote