Thread: Santa MOSH!!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2004, 06:25 AM   #24
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by TheGodThatFailed:
Going against my word, i checked the thread again. And yay, someone agrees that metal is skilled People like Herman Li (from dragonforce) is an AWSOME guitarist But, back onto the death metal front, You try singing like Shagrath,(dimmu borgir)
I'll bet you ANYTHING you can't. And he CAN sing normally, i don't mean in the songs where there is a different voice to his,becuase that's their bassist, 'Vortex'. I've seen a video of him live actually singing, he is brilliant. In my opinion, Dimmu Borgir, are the best death metal band, and one of the few DEATH metal bands i actually like.
Erm, I wouldn't call Dimmu death metal though. Even though "true" fans would probably disagree, to me Dimmu is pure black metal (although I haven't kept up with their latest efforts, label may not apply to those). But most people who are actually in the Norwegian scene aren't as anal about "trueness" as their fans. Oh and Shagrath.. I met him a few times. He's a nice guy. Don't think his voice is truly that stunning: here the classical fan in me has to concede that Jochen Kowalski's or Andreas Scholl's countertenors are more impressive than anything Shagrath could ever do. But then that's a crooked comparison, so I'll grant you that Shagrath has a good throat on him. And he's kinda hot too.

Aaron, how hard exactly would that be...? [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img]