View Single Post
Old 01-10-2003, 10:15 AM   #10
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Like magik said it's all about raising money, (I know back home anyway) to raise local taxes in the county for anything they have to hold a general vote, city/county planners can't do it on their own, and people will rarely vote in favor raising taxes, as a result the police are extremely anal (alot of them are also rejects from other counties) and will take the slightest excuse to not only pull you over and search you, but will also fine you for things that would normally get a warning. I also know alot of people, not troublemakers, who have had policemen lie in wait for them, off of main roads where violations are likely to be committed, or be dangerous to anyone if they are committed (who really cares if you speed on an abandoned country road)/ to the point where they had to change their driving routes just to avoid being pulled over every time they go by, because the cops recognise their vehicle.

[ 01-10-2003, 10:16 AM: Message edited by: Morgeruat ]