View Single Post
Old 09-23-2003, 01:43 PM   #37
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Firestormalpha:
Vaskez, If God created the rules, why can't he work around them? Is an almightly creator of reality to be restricted by the reality he has created? Someone who is presumed to be omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent? Who's to say he couldn't have created everything in an instant as opposed to 7 days or 7 million years? I couldn't verify scientifically that information, but if he's supposed to be all powerful then why do we limit him by our own imaginations?

There'd be no point. Scientific evidence shows how planets etc. came into their current form and how worlds evolved. Therefore I believe in the application of science and theology beyond that. I believe God only "interfered" a few times in the world in the whole of its history: once when he created the first particles and the laws of physics etc. Once when he first created simple life from those particles (and set off evolution). And once when he breathed intelligence into apes to create humans. Therefore why should he create the world in 7 days when he can just start it off and let the laws of physics etc. do the rest.
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray