View Single Post
Old 02-17-2003, 02:41 AM   #35
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
Ouch, Mel, that smarts. True enough, though. I try and keep it to a dull roar in Cloudy's, and Kaltia is doing better, these days. We do manage to have some intelligent conversations in there, at whiles.
Yes, Attalus has a point here. Much as the general attitude has been that the Cafe is only 'crap' or 'spam junk', IMO it isn't. It was never intended to be and if it does stay that way for long, I'd as soon shut it down as anything else.

We have had some very interesting conversations there. NO, it's not rocket science and it's not meant to be 'superior intellectual' fare... it's meant to be good old fashioned neighborly conversations. For instance, how many of you who avoid the cafe know that antryg's wife is in the hospital and they've been worried about diabetes as a complication of other issues? I'd hardly call that silly or spam. I think it's wonderful to have a place to discuss such things or just swap weather stories or home repair tips. I even enjoyed hearing what you did for your wife for Valentine's day, Attalus. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Yes, the ultra-spam has been reduced, but it's not consistent and I'd like to see it reduced to minimal on a regular basis, but I wouldn't say that there's nothing of value in the Cafe, even so. [img]smile.gif[/img] So if anyone hasn't been in a while, stop in and share a word or three with us about your day, your life, your kids, your plans or your lunch. [img]smile.gif[/img] And if you see 'chat-back' spam there, feel free to interrupt it.

[ 02-17-2003, 08:09 PM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]