Jack Burton

Artist
Blooded
Bullheaded
Courteous Magocracy
Silver Palm
Snake Blood
Thug
- Should be level 1 only acording to the manual, but isn't.

These I find are generally not worth 'it' if you want to make your character as effective as possible. I do select them from time to time though, for roleplaying reasons rather than optimal character builds. The reason I'd not soon select them is that there are many feats doing more than giving a total +4 skillpoints or saving throws which only apply under specific circumstances (resist taunt, against poison). I also tend to ignore initiative most of the time, a +2 bonus on a d20 roll isn't too significant. If I do want to go with initiative, there are other feats to pick.

Luck of Heroes
Strong Soul

These two could be worth the effort. Since I prefer rogue characters (who already have tons of skillpoints and, through dexterity, initiative, and are weak mostly in the will and fortitude save departments) they do complement the character most. A total +3 bonus spread among your saving throws is sure to help a good amount, and Strong Soul does something similar with greater focus on facing and surviving death magic from wizards (giving you a +2 save there).

Mostly though, I pick the feats because they may fit the character's background. I'd pick dirty fighting if I thought it'd be in character.

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote