View Single Post
Old 09-12-2001, 11:34 PM   #22
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

***somehow manages to stumble in without spilling his half and half screwdriver, and takes a welcome seat near the fire***

Folks, it's great to see you all. How fare we all this evening? I know this is a real conversation zone, but isn't this a time when we all feel a bit like an escape from reality could do us all a bit of good? This has been without a doubt the strangest couple of days in my entire life. I remember being a tender 21 years old, being told I was going to Op Desert Storm, thinking to myself that there were people far better qualififed than I to do this and it had nothing to do with selfishnes or anything like that, but strictly that there were people better at what I did than I was (I could tell you all, but then I'd have to kill you ) and that I could serve my country better by staying back and helping others...ummm...I appear to be babbling...

***looks at his drink and understands why***

Anyway, the point I think I was trying to make is that I know more about myself now than I did then and today, I would do whatever was asked of me now, no questions asked to help this horrible nightmare come to an end, whether it be going about my daily routine with indignance, giving blood, fixing tanks, making a critical strike, whatever.

I guess what I'm trying (badly) to say is that this may be a very good time for us to be paladins, bards, clerics, wenches, maids, scalawags, rogues, whatever your heart says you are. I think that role playing may be critically important to all of us to maintain the part of ourselves that may really be the sane part of us... what do you think? Maybe a real role playing thread, or indeed a role playing board?

------------------
Guitars, women, beer...what more can a man ask for?
I AM the bard eternal

[This message has been edited by KDogRex (edited 09-12-2001).]