View Single Post
Old 05-18-2001, 06:53 AM   #97
Link
Jack Burton

Caleb and Link face each other, and start on their approach. Link draws his Mithril Sword, and Caleb his Poisonous dagger. Just as they want to bash each others head in, the bartender jumps between them, yelling that he doesn't want any more blood spilled on the floor.
" There is too much death and disaster in this inn already" he yells, and everybody nodds. They know what he means.
Link puts his sword back, and watches Caleb until he sits down at the other end of the bar.
" Like if i couldn't take him!" He mutters. " With my two hands behind my back i still could've kicked his arse!"
Still muttering he sits down and orders a strong dwarven ale. The bartender does as told and not much later the ale shows up. Everything's quiet now in the bar, and people chat happily. Link and Caleb still look at each other for some time, but then give up on hoping for the fight to come after all.
Suddenly the door slams open, and a heavily bleeding halfling enters. He stumbles into the bar and falls to the floor. Some other halflings run to help the fellow, and call upon the healing powers of Tancred. His Lay Hands ability is good, but it is too late for the halfling. He whispers a few words in a strange language which even the halfling couldn't understand.
But Link heard the words well enough. " Uythea bherql hytreax..." He knows what it means. His mentor, the great tiefling Nerw'jes, who died fighting in the Goblin Wars, tought him the Ancient Language; the language which almost nobody knows about. The language the Gods themselves tought the first inhabitants of the Forgotten Realms.
" The return of Jieda" He shivers as he realizes what it means. Jieda has returned. Something what nobody could expect. Jieda, also known as the Basilsk Master. He has returned. Suddenly the pieces of the puzzle fall in their place. Was this what Atuan was talking about??

------------------
In the foul darkness one figure will emerge to save the world from evil and despair.... Light flashes as his sword comes down, and thunder rolls through the sky when he points his sword up to heaven to signal his victory....People whisper his name as he walks by, evil tries to hide as they sense his presence nearby.... His name? Link......