View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 03:55 PM   #10
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Mack_Attack:
I have come to the understanding that you are just a number in the work place. I say this because I have worked for large companies. Last company I quit. I was honest and upfront. I said I was moving for more money and a better quality of life. And there was no issues with the company. My bosses responded well and wished me the best.

So good luck BK.
Thanks, Mack. And you are right, with some large companies, you can be just a number. My favorite instance of this is one of my friends quit and his boss got fired 2 weeks later. 6 months after that, we stopped getting our checks mailed to us and they would come to work and pass them out. The first time (6 months after my buddy quit, mind you) they did this, his check showed up. They never fired him. He got paid for six months after he stopped working there. I called him and he laughted. Said he was putting them all in a savings account and just waiting on the phone call asking for it back. That was 3 years ago. They still haven't asked. They did stop sending him the checks when they found out. The account is up to 22K.

nice, eh?

BK
The Black Storm Cloud of the Night - Consort to a Queen- Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way - Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons - Heart, Mind, and Soul- Newbie at Heart - ()xxxxxxxxxxxxx{}:::::::::::::::::::::>
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote