View Single Post
Old 07-25-2001, 03:45 AM   #1
Silverblade
Dungeon Master

Hey Folks

Well the purpose of this message has split into two parts, first I would like to say that gamers rock! and so goes BG2!, the conduct and just the closeness of this place is amazing. The second part of this message is to see if any of y'all would like to be part of a gaming company in development. In september of 1998, some friends of mine and I started a company called Leviathan Software. We were all gamers at heart and we each had a passion to create the best games ever possible (RPG, RTS, Turnbased, all kinds). As time went by, funding became a problem and reality bit some of the members so hard that we decided to disband, maybe to restart somewhere later down the line. I myself on the other hand are ready to start. I have done extensive research for three years about the industry and it all comes to this.....

1) Have a big publisher back you up.....which was the case for the BG series

2) Get an outside source of funding with limited ownership....like blizzard entertainment

3) hit is big when games where not so popular and be a pioneer....like ID software

Those are the 3 main lifelines as far as my reaseach has brough me, there are also exceptions to the rule as allways. There are some games in particular that were created via email and internet through a lot of people, peole that have never seen each other. Of course there was funding for them.

I propose an idea, that may work if it is done correctly. I am a dreamer, I am a gamer, I can organize anything and make it work if given the opportunity and the tools needed (for the most part), however I am not a programmer or a graphic artist. I am on a mission to start a gaming company made from people just like you and me, not old men that just sit at a desk and sign checks. If you are interested in pioneering this project give me an email at Michaeltaylor7@yahoo.com. If you have any talent as a programmer, graphic artist, game designer, writer or you just want to give advice, just drop me a line. We can discuss details then. And please serious inquiries only.

Thank you

P.S.
Memnock, Ziroc.... if this post is not to you liking let me know and I will stop, I apologize if I create any incoveniences.