View Single Post
Old 03-05-2001, 07:57 PM   #13
Grebki
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I like to micromanage -- I don't use the scripts and turn AI off becasue I've frequently found my characters doing things that get them (or others) killed. What I do is select each character and set up which weapon (or spell) they are going to use and which specific creature to attack -- I like to have *all* party members rain destruction on the most powerful foe until it dies first before I spend a single attack on lesser creatures. I can't stand when someone attacks, say, the summoned orc rather than the Efreet for example (oooh, 30 damage to the 5hp orc, whooop de do , uh how about that dragon over there Minsc? Perhaps it deserves a share of the butt-kicking for goodness, don't ya think?)

-Grebki (a.k.a. The control freak)
P.S. Occaisonally for really easy battles, I will turn on AI or use the defend button (that little shield button -- it's great for hacking large numbers of orcs or similar).

------------------
Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. And then I went and made at least three of them come true before lunch.