View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 06:53 PM   #32
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Default Re: Poll: Does anybody care about Michael Phelps and his bong?

I voted the OMG option because I took it to be facetious. I've smoked MAYBE a whole ounce of pot in my entire life of 45 years. And done others things (speaking of which can anyone get me some LSD?). About 1/2 the people I know smoke pot. I could get it in 15 minutes if I wanted to. Probably about anyone can. Seems to me we could use the tax revenue a bit more than the bullshit fines involved if you're caught with marijuana.

And Cerek your side effects arguement...I'm sorry but thats almost laughable. No offense intended but they have been studying pot far longer than any drug approved by the FDA. Alcohol certainly has more harmful effects not only to the body but to the public in general(drunk driving, alcohol fueled "incidents", etc). Cigarettes ( the obvious). Gasoline fumes/carbon monoxide (carcinigans anyone?). Thousands upon thousands of products have side effects.

The witchhunt on Phelps and his friends is bullshit. Seriously, who cares? Now South Carolina prosecuters are charging them with a criminal offense which will go on their record. I would wager some of the very idiots pursuing the charges have smoked pot. And lets not forget the fact that they will have a hard time proving anything, because well we all know anything posted on the internet is true right? If so I'll buy myself a radar gun and a camera and get to work catching speeders on the interstate and posting it online. Hell I'll even make a disc and send it to the state troopers. I'm sure they'll get right on the ticket issueing.